To buy a professional metal detector is to become the owner of unique finds in a short time.
Professional metal detectors are devices designed for a more serious level of searches. They are equipped with numerous functions with manual and automatic settings, equipped with an LCD display and controlled by touch buttons, which is important for experienced searchers.
It is also noteworthy that each parameter can be configured based on personal preferences. Also, and beginners who do not have any experience in the search, buying a professional metal detector can easily understand the many settings, adjustments, and interface. A distinctive feature of professional devices – the presence of wireless headphones, coils and control panels, connecting via digital radio. Want to know more? Let’s continue!
Garrett ATX is another development of Garrett, among professional-grade underwater metal detectors. This metal detector professional is designed for soil, beach, and search under water.
The maximum depth of immersion is 3 meters. The device can operate at maximum sensitivity and depth regardless of the salinity of the soil and the salinity of the sand.
Trouble free “soldier” who will help you find gold nuggets, coins, and jewels in the most difficult conditions. At the same time, the metal detector identified a coin of the 1794 year at a depth of 37 centimeters, and the marginal depth was 130 cm.
In standard delivery, you will see a 10×12 inch coil of an unusual construct, with a connecting cable placed inside the telescopic rod. The powerful ears of fastening Garrett ATX coil to the rod instill confidence in the structural strength.
The new design of the coil on the assurance of the manufacturer Garrett contributes to better compatibility and performance from the new pulse technology work. As well as a more confident and reliable search for small targets without reducing the speed of wiring and improved detuning from the ground.
Separately, it should be noted that the delivery of Garrett ATX in a complete set of deep search provides, in addition to having an additional hard military-style case for MD, also an additional 20-inch coil.
- Discriminator – customizable, 25 fixed positions
- Threshold audio tunable also on 25 fixed installations
- 13 gradations of the sensitivity of MD
- The soil balance adjustment range is from iron saturated to salty soil.
One of the best professional metal detector – Minelab GPZ 7000. Super metal detector with a wireless connection, color screen, and GPS. The metal detector is equipped with a GPZ 13×14 SuperD coil.
The new revolutionary ZVT technology allows you to find gold at a depth unattainable for other metal detectors. The performance of the GPZ 7000 metal detector exceeds models such as the SDC 2300, GPX 5000 in the next parameters:
- Integrated GPS mapping
- With the help of integrated GPS navigation and the XChange 2 PC application, you can now map your gold finds.
- Using the Map screen, you can move to a specific location, browse GeoTrail where you were, save WayPoints (points of interest) and FindPoints (gold finds).
- You can also record the depth, and weight of gold finds in the field. No need to carry around a separate GPS and laptop – everything can be stored as a GeoHunt in a metal detector. When you return home, you can upload your data and display it on Google maps.
- Extreme gold depth. With the Minelab GPZ 7000 detector, it was possible to find gold 40% deeper than with the GPX series of metal detectors.
- Maximum gold sensitivity. The high sensitivity of the GPZ 7000 metal detector with a Super-D coil gives the maximum advantage in the field. With this device, you can find nuggets that weigh less than a gram.
- Precise ground balancing. Metal detector GPZ 7000 easily cope with difficult mineralized soil, which is most often gold
- Increased noise immunity. The GPZ 7000 detects less atmospheric noise, has 256 noise reduction channels, which ensures a smooth and quiet search.
- Simple system menu. In an easy-to-use “Menu”, similar functions are grouped together in the “Search” and “Map” sections with all the quickly accessible settings.
- Wireless audio. Thanks to the WM 12 wireless module, you have the choice of using the built-in speaker, included in the headset or Wireless headset.
- GPS positioning and PC mapping. With built-in GPS navigation, you can effectively search in large areas, saving data on XChange 2 from Google Maps.
- Waterproof coil to a depth of 1m. The waterproof GPZ coil can dive to a depth of 1m. The design of the GPZ 7000 metal detector allows you to go on a search in all weather conditions.
Jeotech, created using unsurpassed Macro technology, is the first sample of new-generation professional grade metal detectors. This detector provides a convenient perception of targets at depth, has a powerful ability to perceive both depth and soil.
One of the distinguishing features that separate it from other detectors is the provision of convenient work in the soil with high mineral content and the ability to detect targets even under stones that contain ore. Jeotech is able to search at a much greater depth compared to other similar systems for searching for coins, along with metals with excellent accuracy, detects voids under the ground, such as caves, crypts, tunnels.
On the left side of the Jeotech, which has a Led alarm system, are LEDs that inform the user about the voids under the ground, and on the right are LEDs that report metals. In addition, the system reports the target with sound signals. Informing the user about precious metals, such as gold, silver, copper, and bronze, the system distinguishes steel from precious metals.
Jeotech, which provides a very practical use due to its lightness, reports detected metals and voids to the user using LED sound and light signals. With its excellent ability to detect metals and voids, as well as an economical price, Jeotech will be the favorite of users in any field, as the most popular detector of this year.
Jeotech is designed for use in high mineral content soils on the saltwater coast, on the coast and in the sand. Thanks to a special filtration system, Jeotech searches, not reacting to the effects of all parasites and noise, and also allows practical, prompt and accurate detection of the target when searching on walls, slopes, surfaces and at depth.
- Operating System: VLF (Very Low Frequency)
- Metal Discrimination: Non-Ferrous / Ferrous / Steel + Cavity
- Election of Ferrous: No
- Comfort Joystick Grip Design
- Easy to Understand LED Display
- Advanced Micro-Processor Technology: just turn it on and start finding treasure.
Whites Spectra V3i is a professional metal detector, which embodies all the latest technology in the field of instrument search.
The most important distinctive features of the V3i are a color display, multilingual, three operating frequencies, the presence of BlueTooth and USB.
The metal detector, like almost all similar devices, is equipped with a liquid crystal display with high image quality, and according to this parameter, it is considered the first among all existing models today. VDI numbers are quite large and perfectly visible even from a distance; therefore, visual discrimination is very convenient here.
- The device uses a three-frequency search pattern
- The finding can be determined by a synograph at all frequencies simultaneously
- The user can enlarge the image and display the finding.
- The difference of this model from many other metal detectors of leading manufacturers is the ability to work with wireless headphones, and the stereo sound quality is enough to recognize the sound and identify the category of metal.
The new Garrett AT MAX metal detector refers to multifunctional search units that can operate in various environments, that is, as an earth detector, performing searches on land and underwater, dropping to a depth of three meters.
The device is intended for experienced users and meets all modern requirements of treasure hunting.
The metal detector has improved the discrimination system, the ground balance setting, the threshold tone option, as well as the wireless communication that allows the use of wireless headphones via the built-in Z-Link sound transmitter.
The Garrett AT MAX detector is ideal for any search conditions, both in open areas, in cramped conditions, and also in places with high humidity.
- Operating frequency: 13.6 kHz (medium) + frequency shift function
- Soil balance: auto and manual
- Operating modes: 4
- Discrimination: graphic scale + VDI number
- Ground balance window function
- Iron sound function (Iron Audio)
- Sound response: 3 tones, dynamic
- Volume control: yes
- Screen Backlight: yes
- Threshold tone: customizable
What about Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk Pinpointer:
- Fully waterproof when submerged to 6 meters, bright orange case – for visibility underwater.
- Maximum sensitivity for detecting nuggets and other small targets. The choice of one of three levels of sensitivity.
- Quick reconfiguration: with a single click of a button, the setting is performed under environmental conditions, or the detection field is narrowed down to determine large targets accurately.
- Easy to find. If the button is not pressed within 5 minutes, the pinpointer will start giving periodic beeps.
- Auto power off. After 60 minutes of operation, the audible warning tone is turned off, to save batteries.
- Control of one button for power, reconfiguration, sensitivity level (3 levels), silent mode (only vibration)
- The ruler in inches and centimeters on the body of the device, allows you to measure the depth conveniently.
- The new power button, convenient to control even with gloves.
How is a professional metal detector different from a regular one?
Among the variety of search equipment, professional metal detectors differ favorably with the self-classification of finds and displaying information on the screen, equipped with all modern functions and devices.
In fact, the cost of the detector depends on the number of equipment and functions it performs, which only an experienced owner is able to evaluate and fully use.
The first difference is automatic tuning to the type of soil. The device is able to determine it in such a way as to conduct a search as deeply as possible.
The second is the elimination of electrical interference in case you have to work in the area of their impact, for example, when searching at a short distance from another metal detector or under power lines.
The next function is several or even dozens of working frequencies, while simple models can work only on one or two. Professional-grade multi-frequency metal detectors simultaneously cut targets of different sizes, identifying each one at the same time. Coils of such devices also differ in work in the wide frequency range.
The expensive models of the search unit are equipped with multi-tone polyphony, which allows identifying the type of the found object as accurately as possible, whereas for cheap detectors there are no more than three such tones.
Many professionals are attracted by the pinpointer find centering function, which saves user time and effort. Owners of cheap models are deprived of this opportunity or use manual pinpointer in addition.
One of the most important differences between professional level metal detectors is the number of settings. Inexpensive models are equipped with several standard search programs (for example, for jewelry, coins, relics, etc.).
The advanced ones can boast of extensive individual settings for the owner, double identification of targets, for example, a graphic image and VDI numbers, determination of the size of a find, a larger screen for outputting a large amount of information, button controls, etc.
Another important possibility is the depth of detection, in professional metal detectors it is approximately twice as considerable as in entry-level instruments. Owners of cheap equipment to increase this parameter are forced to buy more advanced search coils.
The most important factor shaping the price of a metal detector is the quality of discrimination.
A professional device will not miss a target and will accurately identify it even if there is any unnecessary metal object next to it or when searching in a very littered place where a conventional detector simply cannot cope with its work. Some devices of professional level are equipped with the possibility of identification by the metal inductance, which greatly increases the chances of correctly determining the type of find and eliminates the need to once again dig in an unnecessary place.
In any case, to use a metal detector at a professional level, you need a decent experience. That is why, every treasure seeker, starting with cheap detectors, after several search seasons, begins to “overgrow” his device and feels the need for a more expensive and advanced device.
Should You Buy a Professional Metal Detector For Your Hobby?
There are two main opinions regarding the choice of metal detector. If there is a firm belief that the fascination with the search for treasures has come to life for a long time, then you can buy an expensive metal detector. If the first impulses quickly evaporate, this should not be done. If the budget allows, you can buy a metal detector primary or secondary level.
Consider the first option. Buying a cheap metal detector, the searcher has a low chance of finding something really valuable, which means this hobby is doomed. Unless luck smiles, all finds can be predicted in advance: they will be an abundance of iron debris, which will quickly disappoint the seeker.
The desire to look for something will disappear very quickly. There are many such examples, and they are regularly discussed in specialized forums. Only to those people who are engaged in military searches, it can be useful. It is also very effective for archaeological searches and for finding meteorites.
Consider the second option. Having acquired a metal detector, it will be necessary to spend a lot of time on its development, and subsequently, there will be interesting finds without extraction to the surface of various trash.
But such devices are expensive, so there is a very rational grain in the purchase of a semi-professional metal detector or a mid-level instrument. This is the golden mean, which is a reasonable compromise in any choice. Subsequently, when experience comes, this metal detector can be sold, and you can get yourself a better equipped one.
Can You earn money with metal detecting?
A hike with a metal detector is a fairly simple, but at the same time very effective way to find useful items, including antique money, mobile phones, watches, etc. To implement such an idea, you will not need a large initial investment, staff, or permits. All that is needed is to purchase suitable equipment, preferably certified and with a guarantee, and then go to places where there may be buried objects of value.
At the same time, it is also necessary to determine what type of jewelry you are going to look for, and also to choose the most favorable area for this.
How much can you earn?
Your earnings will depend on how often you will explore the area for the presence of valuable items, on how well you know how to choose their type and area for finding.
In addition, you must be able to handle the metal detector properly. People who have long been engaged in the search for valuables with the help of a metal detector also pay attention to military paraphernalia, antiques, etc., which makes it possible to find things that have a value of thousands of dollars. In addition to these skills, for earnings, you will definitely need to create a website on the Internet or a group on a social network to advertise the found jewelry.
How much money is needed to start a business?
In order to start earning with the help of a metal detector, it is enough to buy the device itself and an engineer blade, with the help of which it will be possible to dig holes. If you are going to do it seriously, it is better to take more expensive and high-quality models, which are able to work in water and detect objects at great depths.