A metal detector is a specialized tool designed to detect metal objects, often underground. Using one well to collect metals is not as easy as you might think. The ground is covered with numerous obstacles and debris which can impede a proper search.
So, how exactly do you use metal detectors to find valuable things?
At the Metal Detectors Hub, we share tips and tricks to make your metal detecting hobby satisfying and successful. Let’s talk about the best metal detectors on the market and what will best suit your needs.
With the proper knowledge and equipment, you’ll be picking up hidden metal objects and finding treasures of your very own.
- Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector with...
- New Iron Audio allows user to hear...
- New Digital Target ID with a 0 to 99...
- New higher frequency (10 kHz) provides...
- New Adjustable Frequency to help...
If you are looking for advanced metal detectors for sale, the ACE 400i is the way to go. The updated models feature the Garrett Pro-Pointer II designator, which features a myriad of new features, including a digital target identifier.
Additionally, the ACE 400i is equipped with an operating frequency of up to 10 kHz, a more detailed setting for iron discrimination.
Note that the updated model inherits all its features from the ACE series and integrates new upgrades as well. Like in the previous models, the DD coil boasts a good grip.
What’s more, with the introduction of the new and sophisticated operating frequencies, the instruments are likely to have better prospects for anyone searching for jewelry, coins, or non-ferrous metals.
As mentioned earlier, the ACE 400i is an upgrade of the ACE series. Its introduction served as a replacement for the famous EURO ACE 350.
It featured additional packages such as a protective cover on the unit as well as on its coil and a pair of Garrett headphones.
Apart from being one of the most user-friendly metal detectors on the market, the exceptional Garrett 400i features one of the best performances in its category.
It is worth noting that the Garrett 400i has a higher frequency compared to other models, including the ACE 200i, 300i, and the legendary 350i. The higher the metal detector’s frequency, the higher the depth of detection on both medium and small targets.
Apart from improved features and high frequencies, the Garrett 400i features a new and advanced digital target identifier and an indicator. It operates on the discrimination scale and also features a multi-tone audio response feature.
The audio feature allows you to comfortably pinpoint the position of the object and excavate it manually and with more accuracy.
Why should I buy the Garratt 400i?
- It allows you to hear the sound of its iron from its signal.
- It has a high operating frequency of 10 kHz, which provides improved sensitivity for anyone looking for targets with a medium or low conductivity.
- The device features an adjustable frequency, which provides little or no interference from other devices
- It boasts an exceptional design due to the improved clips incorporated on the collected clips on its rod
- Its DD coil is moisture-proof and provides a wide resistance to mineralization, a wide capture, and good depth
- Thanks to its arbitrary discrimination, segments on the scale can comfortably allow you to tune your devices to your desired type of target
- The depth indicator of the coin is fundamental to ensuring the location and depth of the object is evaluated
- Although it differs from the US version, the largest scale is measured based on the needs of the majority of search engines on the internet
- It is compatible with the majority of ACE coils
- The difference between the American 400 and the European 400i is only the medium and low tones sound as well as increased accuracy in the setting of ion discrimination.
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
- Rugged metal detector ideal for...
- Motion All-Metal mode, Discrimination...
- Preset ground balance neutralizes...
- Disc/notch control distinguishes between...
- 6.7 kHz operating frequency
Tracker IV is all about diversity. It operates in a dynamic model, and in order for the tracker to work, it should operate in motion. It is difficult for the tracker to work if it operates in a static motion.
The Tracker IV has three operation modes:
- All metals (ALL METAL) – The device detects all metals including gold, steel, aluminum, and iron.
- Full Discrimination (DISK) – Metal debris will be automatically ignored.
- Tone Description (TONE) –This mode is ideal for searching in littered places. It is capable of determining the type of metal found.
Why should I buy it?
- It is designed to track larger items up-to a depth of 90 cm and small coins to a depth of 20cm.
- It features an automatic installation to the ground to help improve sensitivity.
- It has three modes of operation.
- The two knob feature improves the smooth change of sensitivity as well as the discrimination levels.
- Brocken sound signals, as well as the 2-tone feature, allow metals to be easily identified and picked up from the ground.
- It comes with a headphone jack.
- It has a big battery with a status indicator.
- The Tracker IV has a 20cm search coil.
- Its weight in the working condition is 1.35kg.
RM RICOMAX Metal Detector
- 🎯 Professional View Meter Design and...
- 🎯 Four Detection Modes 🎯 - Metal...
- 🎯 Provide 10 Levels of Sensitivity...
- 🎯 Easy to Carry 🎯 - Metal Detector...
- 🎯 Usage Scenarios 🎯 Not only meet...
Are you looking for top-rated metal detectors capable of detection gold and silver jewelry? Look no further, RICOMAX is the way to go.
This metal detector is quite powerful and is regarded as the best-rated metal detector of its grade. It is equipped with versatile features, including an LCD display, super slow sweep indication feature, PP button, and many more.
Widely known as gold detectors, they are also used to detect copper, aluminum, and other rare metals. With the RM RICOMAX, you can accurately pinpoint the metal you need while ignoring certain metals.
Set the target range up to 7.2 inches deep and pick up what you want. Note that the crossed frame indication is for items eliminated.
Why you should buy RM RICOMAX metal detector
- It has an LCD display designed to show the most probable metal, its depth, level of SENS, depth of the target, range of DISK”]NOTCH, as well as its battery condition.
- The 3 Tone Audio Discrimination feature detects sound in three distinct tones. These tones can either be low, high, or medium. Each sound is distinct to every metal.
- It has a NOTCH feature. Its main purpose is to ignore certain metals and pinpoint only the desired type.
- Its DISC feature is capable of eliminating unwanted targets, thereby ignoring certain metals.
- It has a lighting mode to view in the dark.
- The PP or pinpoint feature is capable of locating targets accurately.
- RM RICOMAX is equipped with a Super Slow Sweep Identification feature to ensure the search coil picks up the desired metals accurately.
- It comes with high-quality 3.5mm headphones to enable users to listen to the indicators without any difficulty.
- Its 250mm waterproof search coil enables its users to use the detector even in wet conditions.
- Although it can be immersed in shallow waters, it is imperative to note that it cannot be used in the rain.
- Its adjustable shaft enables individuals to adjust the length of the shaft based on their height for comfortable use.
- A 9-volt alkaline battery powers RICOMAX.
- Weatherproof all-purpose metal detector
- Visual target-id by category
- Operates on 2 aa batteries (25-30 hours)
- Fe-tone (adjustable iron audio)
This professional metal detector is specifically designed for anyone looking to search underwater. It is a simple and easy-to-use gadget with numerous exceptional features including a superfine retune speed feature.
Other additional features include sensitivity, pinpoint, discrimination, and notch.
This underground metal detector also features an n Fe-Tone adjustable ion audio, which allows users to comfortably set the desired volume of their ferrous targets lower than the non-ferrous. Its main purpose is to improve clarity.
The F4-Tone Audio-ID System enables users to identify metals buried deep underneath easily.
Why should I buy Fisher 22?
- Its search coil is waterproof.
- It uses two batteries rated AA.
- It uses an adjustable audio metal identification feature to detect objects.
- It has a 9-segment visual identification feature.
- The mode of operations are: coins, jewelry, individual customizable feature, and artifacts.
- The scale of metal identification ranges from 1-99.
- It has an ion identification feature.
- It sensitivity setting is up to 10 levels and 20 levels of volume settings.
- Has an improved ability to remember settings.
- It weighs only 1kg.
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PRO Series Metal Detector
- FIND BURIED TREASURE and feel the thrill...
- EASY TO USE for all ages, sizes and...
- COMPACT, LARGE WATERPROOF 10" COIL,...
- PACKED WITH PRO FEATURES including 3...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - National...
This professional metallic detector is adjustable and simple to use. It is suitable for children to operate but constructed with superior technology and powerful features to aid expert searchers.
Take it to the seashore, around the park, or on a hike and discover treasure anywhere you move! Its telescoping design makes this detector so light that you can carry it anywhere.
It is a superior machine for children and beginners, and it is often considered the best metal detector for the money.
Why should you buy it?
- It provides superb overall performance and easy to operate.
- It features an amazing light design.
- Its 10” detection tool is waterproof.
- Has a headphone jack with an audio alert detection feature.
- It has three detection modes specially designed to clear out “rubbish” metals.
- Four sensitivity modes ensure you discover precious metals up-to 12 inches underground.
- It has a pinpoint button for improved accuracy.
- Its enhanced LCD display is quite easy to understand.
What is a Metal Detector?
A metal detector is a digital device that has the potential to discover the presence of metal in walls, soil, water, or any other surface without physical contact. They work by emitting radio waves which detects secondary waves indicating the presence of metal.
When turned on, an electromagnetic field is triggered on the metal detector’s search head, which emits into the surrounding area.
If a metal falls inside the range of a search coil of a metal detector, then eddy currents are triggered on its surface under the effect of an electromagnetic field.
Those currents create a counter electromagnetic field, which reduces the strength of the electromagnetic field of the coil. The received information is processed and alerts the operator to the presence of a metal.
All metal detectors generate a magnetic field across their coil transmitters.
These devices operate under the dc generator working principle and physics formulas like the fleming’s left-hand rule for motors with the absence of movement.
As a result, the goal also has a magnetic flux underneath the coil, which catches the coil receiver. Then this magnetic flux is transformed into visible records at the display and a valid signature.
A VLF metal detector generates current within the coil transmitter and adjustments within the segment and voltage amplitude at the receiver to show the presence of metallic objects.
Pulse induction metal detectors (PI) are prominent. The technology generates a signal using a cutting-edge transmitter that turns on for a set time and then turns off again.
Note that the coil subject generates pulsed eddy currents inside the object, which can be detected by way of reading the attenuation of the waves caused in the receiver coil. This cycle repeats constantly.
What to consider when shopping for a metallic detector?
When buying a metal detector, most customers prefer to purchase the pricey devices to ensure quality and a good search. This is not always the case, and there are cheap metal detectors that offer exceptional results.
Ask yourself what types of searches you’ll be doing and what devices you are already familiar with. Comparison shop and learn about the popular, quality brands. Remember to buy for your budget and skill level. A beginner device at a lower price is tool for the novice than an advanced model that requires user expertise.
When shopping for your medical detector consider important features such as screen, discriminatory, search masks, and coil.
In comparison to the entire depth of metallic detectors, soil metal detectors are geared up with a screen that displays the settings and presentations statistics at the findings.
Normally, the screen of the soil metal detector displays the records that the search engine is programmed to find. Below are the key things to put in mind before you buy metal detector:
- Display of the discriminator statistics and seek masks allow you to determine the type of metal detected comfortably.
- Pinpointer and depth to the goal indicate the precise willpower of the placement of the target and the intensity of its incidence.
- Extra settings, consisting of an indication of the battery life, the set sensitivity of the detector.
All other statistics are secondary characteristics that demonstrate the consolation of using a certain metal detector.
What add-ons do you need with a metal detector?
Medical detecting requires more than just a metal detector. To be successful, you’ll need to equip yourself with the proper accessories and tools.
- Shovel – This is the second vital device required by a treasure hunter. Without a shovel, you’ll have difficulty locating treasure even with the best metal detectors. The ideal shovel should be comfortable, robust, and balance in the hands. Additionally, it should be compact. It helps to keep it stowed in a backpack. Sharpen after purchase and regularly as needed.
- Headphones – Frequently susceptible signals are missed because of poor audio, and headphones allow you to hear the signals your machine emits while cancelling out external sounds.
- Pinpointer – This useful device determines the exact place of the goal, right down to the millimeter. All through, excavations are feasible inside the perimeter of the dug hole to keep pinpointer and find out the area of the item. It substantially speeds up the hunt system in sticky soil and is handy to have on hand at all times.
- Bag – The proper bag goes a long way to ensure your metal detecting finds are safely stored. For comfort, many searchers use the patch pocket, that attaches to your trousers. Be it bag or pocket, your treasure demands a designated storage receptacle for safekeeping during your search.
- Backpack –Before buying a backpack for a metal detector, make sure it fits your hauling needs as your backpack will be essential for lengthy searches. It should be capable of storing everything including the metal detector, a shovel, and your other supplies. Keep in mind that you may have to put it on your back all day, so the backpack needs to be comfortable and lightweight and move with your body.
- A knife and a flashlight– These are invaluable items while on a treasure hunt.
How deep can a sensor go?
Normally, the depth in the majority of good metal detectors is just 20-30 cm and, in some cases, 40-50 cm, especially in powerful instruments.
All metal objects are located deeper than fifty cm; and most finds are lost things.
Imagine excavation every time over half a meter. Generally, sensible devices will react to longer distances of up to 1.5 meters. However, this can only apply to an oversized size such as a car.
Coins can be seen on the rare device within the ground to a distance of more than 40-50 cm deep. They are, of course, special metal detectors designed for greater depths of many meters. They are created to search for massive metal objects..
Where to search with the detector?
The best searches take place on land where settlements and villages once existed.
Such places are easily identified on a map, and their previous population means items of value will have been lost and buried. The location of old inns and public gathering spaces are often rife with interesting finds. Inns were often close to the village entrance.
You will find coins from the seventeenth to the twentieth century. Bazaars and fairs are great search sites as well, garnering rewarding finds and offering an exciting hunt. These locations are often harder to identify on historical maps.
Explore fords and crossings for additional treasure and unique search finds. The ford people were busy with other things, and often, nobody paid attention to the loss of coins. Coins were occasionally lost at the bridges.
Places of war in World War II are also one of the best places to hunt for treasure. Hunters will come across bayonets, cartridges, helmets, and guns. Be wary of war sites and ensure you have permission to search. Buried charges laying in the ground for many years may still explode when dug up.
The world of metal detecting is waiting for you, and we’re here to help you get started. Find the metal detector that suits your need and do your research. You’ll find yourself part of a tight-knit subculture, a group of hobbyists who are on the search for ancient artifact and unique discoveries. Happy Hunting!